Thursday 1 February 2018

Week 5

Into the water by Paula Hawkins was suggested by a book club that I was thinking of joining. I had read Girl on the Train when it came out a few years ago and loved the fast pace thrill of a read. So I couldn’t wait to read her latest release. This one took me a while to get into the story. It was told in too many character’s voice. I found it hard to track all of them. But once I reached Part 2, it was a real page turner. A woman, Nel has suspiciously died at the “drowning pool”, her daughter, Lena, ‘s friend, Katie suicided in the same pool of water just months ago. What are the secrets of this water hole? Why have so many women died here? A real page turner when you get past the style of writing.
Another book read for my Ultimate reading challenge, a book published in the past year.

That’s a total of 7 books towards the Ultimate Reading and Goodreads challenges.



No comments:

Post a Comment