Thursday 15 February 2018

Week 7


I chose Keepers of the House by Lisa St Aubin de Terán for my read around the world challenge. This story is set in Venezuela 🇻🇪. My first book set in South America. It is about the Beltrán family who have lived at the Hacienda La BeBella estate for many years. It starts with the character Lydia marrying Don Diego and moving to the estate, befriending Benito. Benito has been loyal to the family for many years, and tells Lydia the history of the family and estate. After he dies, the recounts the history Benito spoke of. The book has many descriptive passages of the land where the story is set.
This title also fits the criteria for Erin’s book challenge as a title with “house” or “home” in it. And so now I’ve read 4 books towards the challenge. I could have picked many categories for the Ultimate Book challenge, however I selected a book written in the 20th century as it was written in 1982. So that’s a total of ten books towards the Goodreads and ultimate book reading challenges. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment