Wednesday 7 February 2018

Week 6

The momentum continues... Work has been really hectic of late, but I'm still on top with the reading. I've achieved this through my subscription to audible.com. I spend at least an hour and half each day commuting to and from work. At the end of the working day, I switch off and sink my thoughts into the current book I'm listening to. I see you was one of those books. This book was chosen by my online reading book club. The narration was just brilliant. In fact, over the weekend I just hopped into bed and listened to the final chapters. It was a thrilling page turner, that I give 5 out of 5 stars!!
Zoe Walker spots her photo in the classifieds of a newspaper and is puzzled. She sees a woman who was mugged in the tube, photo appear in the classifieds as well. Immediately she reports to police. When shes the news-story of a murder of the next victim of stolen identity, she becomes gravely concerned about her own life and feels someone is stalking her. Seriously I loved the twists and turns in this audiobook and can't wait to discuss it with my group.

The book is set in London and we will be visiting this year, I can't wait to ride the tube and see all the train stops listed in the story. 

The next book was a bit of a miss for me. I listened thinking it would be a comedy. However, I did not smile or laugh once. It is a collection of essays about Mindy Kaling's life. I did feel her strength of character in one of the final essays when she is working with a stylist for a photo shoot. But apart from that I'm lucky I didnt fall asleep driving on the way from work. 
That's nine books read for the Goodreads book and Ultimate Reading challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment