Friday 26 January 2018

Week 4

Many friends have recommended the author Jodi Picoult to me. I have tried many times to read her novels but I think the thickness of the novel has overwhelmed me, and I have not started them. Erin's book challenge was the perfect opportunity to discover her. Handle with care is about a family where their youngest daughter has severe osteogensis imperfecta.


I found this book to be an engrossing read. As soon as I started I was hooked, and I couldn't believe how quickly I was turning the pages. Charlotte, the mother, tries to give her daughter the best treatment and after a disastrous first family holiday, the family see a lawyer to see what their legal opportunities are. After careful consideration, Charlotte decides to sue her best friend ob/gyn putting stress on the entire family. 

As well as a book crossed off for Erin's challenge, this book counts as another towards my Goodreads and my Ultimate Reading Challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment