Tuesday 16 January 2018

Week 2

After forcing myself to read more of Mark Twain's Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. I put it away as I had actually turned myself off reading. I had ordered a second hand copy of Girl Gone Greek and it arrived in the mail this week. Perfect timing! It has a brilliant blue window shutters on the cover, and with it being Summer and staying at home these holidays, it was the perfect cure for my wanderlust. 


When ordering I didn't realise that it was a self published debut novel for this author. She has written two more books about travelling to Greece and the Greek Isles. In this novel, it recounts life as an English teacher in Greece over the course of a year. It is organised into seasons of the year and was a very enjoyable read. It had the most descriptive paragraphs of places she visited over the course of her year teaching. 

This is another book read towards my reading challenges. So I am at 3 books in total for my Ultimate Reading and Goodreads reading challenge. 23 countries explored in my Read around the world challenge. 🇬🇷




No comments:

Post a Comment