Wednesday 3 January 2018

2018 Reading Challenges

I have a big TBR ( a to be read pile), after finishing my Masters at the end of last year I also have a lot of spare time on my hands. Rather than reading uni notes, I am determined to get through my TBR and audible downloads.

The reading challenge is one way to get through the shelves of books. Erin's book challenge is one of the reading challenges I have looked at but have never finished!!  Here is this year's list and the titles that I think I can read from my TBR pile:

Book Challenge by Erin 8.0 Categories
* 5 points: Freebie - Read a book that is at least 200 pages. A quiver full of arrows by Jeffrey Archer
* 10 points: Read a book that starts with the letter "L" Lighthouse Bay by Kimberley Freeman
* 10 points: Read a book that has a (mostly) red cover The Hypnotist's Love story by Liane Moriarty
* 15 points: Read a book with the character's name in the title The adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
*20 points: Read a book from this list: Book Riot's 100 Must read books with plot Twists The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
* 20 points: Read a book with the words "house" or "home" in the title Keepers of the House by Lisa St. Aubin de Teran
* 25 points: Read a book by an author whose first and last name begins with the same letter At Home with The Templetons by Monica McInerney
* 30 points: Read a book that was originally published in a different language than your own The Piano Teacher by Elfriede Jelinek translated by Joachim Neugroshel
* 30 points: Read a book where most of the action takes place on a form of transportation A Ship of Brides by Jojo Moyes
* 35 points: Read a book with a character that suffers from a debilitating physical illness Handle with Care by Jodi Piccoult

Goodreads Challenge: For the past two years I have pledged that I will read 24 books, working on 2 books per month and have exceeded this both years. So this year I have increased to 36 books that's 3 per month.  

2018 Ultimate Reading Challenge: This is a big commitment, I would love to achieve this one. The commitment is one book a week. I think that is a bit much, but I'm willing to give it a try and read some new genres. 

I have the joined two book clubs, one online and one with a girl from work. One of the book clubs chose "I See You" by Clare Mackintosh... I already had this on my audible app so I thought I would join them to get me to listen to it.  The other group chose Into the Water by Paula Hawkins which I got for Christmas. 

I will continue chipping away from my Read around the world Challenge.... looking forward to visiting lots of places through the world of story.



No comments:

Post a Comment