Friday 29 June 2018

Week 26

This week was really cold, winter has well and truly arrived! So I enjoyed snuggling under the blanket and visiting my book world. The second book in the Crazy Rich Asians series arrived in the mail and so I couldn’t wait to see what happened next in Rachel and Nick’s world. This novel, China Rich Girlfriend has a bit of a back story about Rachel’s long lost half brother and father before we finally see the couple wed and go on their honeymoon to Shanghai. This series reminds a bit of sex and the city, lavish mega rich lifestyles... Next week, I will be enjoying the last in the series.
I also joined a new Facebook group who read different genres. The next four weeks are dedicated to the romantic suspense genre. When I searched the genre there were a lot of Nora Roberts and Linda Howard. I haven’t not read their books before so this week I added Open Season to my audiobook collection. This was very cliche with the recipe for a perfect romantic suspense. “Spinster” librarian has birthday decides to do a makeover, goes out to bars, witnesses a murder, gets a puppy and forms a relationship with the new deputy. A very quick read. More predictable than suspenseful although it has a ending twist. 

The second was also a romantic suspense genre, I discovered this title in Amazon’s best sellers for this genre and it was already an audible download. Everything we keep by Kerry Lonsdale was a completely different mood, opening with  Aimee attending her fiancĂ©’s funeral the day they intended to be married. A psychic confronts her in the car park and tells her that her fiancĂ© is still alive. Aimee slowly rebuilds her life, opens a cafe but can’t stop thinking about what the psychic said. Is James still alive? Predictable but has a few twists. I actually discovered it’s the first book in another triology. So I think you will find out more about this story in subsequent posts.


I plan to read one more book for this genre. With this book I completed my goodreads reading challenge. I think I will have to set a higher target for 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment