Friday 15 June 2018

Week 24

This week I discovered two new authors. After seeing a movie last weekend I saw a preview for the movie Crazy Rich Asians, and knew that it was based on the book by Kevin Kwan. I didn’t leave the complex until I had the book of the same name in my hands. It looked so enjoyable, and it was! I read it within the two days of the weekend.
Rachel and Nick lived in New York and had been dating for two years. Nick invites Rachel to Singapore, his home for his best friends wedding and to finally meet his family. It turns out Nick’s family is one of Singapore’s richest family. They hadn’t heard of Rachel and think she is a gold digger. This book is hiliarous and it turns out is the first book in a trilogy. I now have to wait for the next book to arrive...
The second book was an audiobook, and was suggested after finishing Confess by Colleen Hoover. The idea of love, a novel - did not disappoint. Ella has recently separated and is living alone in a crumbling apartment, she is a shoe salesperson in a wedding shop. When she meets “Hunter”, a historical coffee book author, she makes up a story about being a widow after her husband drowned, who designs wedding dresses for a living. Hunter also is not telling the truth. But as they say in the south, don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story. The was a quick enjoyable story this week on my commute.

No comments:

Post a Comment