Monday 11 April 2016

audible books

I have expanded my reading collection into audiobooks. I listen to them everyday in my drive to and from work. I think it's a productive use of my time and it allows me to escape from the traffic jams and thoughts of work. 
 
Having not seen the movie yet, I decided to give The Dressmaker a go, it was narrated by Rachel Griffiths. I enjoyed it thoroughly and nearly had to stop the car at one point as I was completely shocked by the turn of events. Worst.. I had no one to share it with.
This isn't my usual read... And I couldn't listen to it with anyone also in the car, as I would feel embarrassed by Chelsea Handler discussing her one night stands and sexual encounters. I enjoyed listening to comedian Miranda Hart last year, so another comedian's life story was what I was hoping to enjoy. But this just made me squirm, Chelsea Handler is not my style. 
Wow! I don't know if it was the narration but I got caught up in the suspense of this book. I read a review, if you liked Gone Girl, this is Gone Gran. Not as sinister as Gone Girl, but very suspenseful, an engaging story.
Di Morrissey... I have enjoyed many an Australian saga by this author. I was a bit taken aback by the narration of this by a male, but he had the minor characters voices played well. Just don't know if he should have also read Bella's role. This book's description took me to the Northern Queensland tropics... I want to plan a trip there ASAP.

Kate Winslet's narration made this classic come alive. I don't think I would have ever read the actual book, but with this audiobook, I actually wanted to discover all the classics I haven't read by these A list actors narrating.

Orphan train, this historical fiction was engaging. I could imagine myself watching the action unfold. I liked the two eras narration.

I wonder what I will listen to when work goes back!


No comments:

Post a Comment