Friday 5 October 2018

Once Upon a Book Club - spooky box

I’m really loving the Once Upon a Book Club subscription and they were doing a once off box in October for Halloween. So I had to have it. Earlier this week my mailman delivered it... it was really heavy and this is what the gifts looked like upon unpacking.

The book was The Retreat by Mark Edwards. I was worried that I may not enjoy the book as horror is not my thing, but I found it a real page turner more intriguing than spooky. What happended to Lily the night she disappeared at the river? Who or what is spooking the retreat? 
These were some of the gifts that brought the book to life. 

I just loved the red coat. I read the book last night and it was pouring with rain and very cold. I couldn’t wait to put to on. It was really snuggly as well as spooky.



In the story, Julia and Lucas are given a map. I won’t show you the map, as it’s a plot spoiler but Once Upon a Book club pay attention to detail. It’s written on stationary that has the name of The Retreat on the top. 

Lastly I got a practical gift that has a few uses.

The book was fantastic, one of the best I’ve read this year. It has a gripping ending too. Highly recommend this one! What a great thrilling read for October! 

No comments:

Post a Comment