Friday 21 September 2018

Week 38

This week I pulled a book off my shelf that I’ve had for quite a while, Foreign Fruit by Jojo Moyes. Set in two timelines, 1950s and the present. Lottie is a war evacuee that comes to live in a seaside town. She becomes friends with Celia Holden and together they visit the sea cliff mansion, Arcadia. Bohemian artist have recently moved and caused a scandal in the tiny town. Fast forward to the present, and we are introduced to Daisy who has been hired to renovate the seaside mansion. The story is slow to start, but then a beautiful story unfolds. This was my alliterative title for Erin’s 9.0 reading challenge.

I’ve become hooked to mysteries since starting the Bookies R us challenge, and so another cosy mystery, Killer Transaction was my other title read this week. This was a quick read. Cindy York, a real estate agent just had a listing stolen under by colleague Tiffany. Left feeling angry, Cindy threatens Tiffany in a voicemail. As she comes back to the office later that night, she discovers Tiffany dead and after her threat, she is the prime suspect. This is the first in a series. I actually enjoyed it and would like for the other titles in this series.


7 books read towards the Bookies r us challenge. 57 books in total read for my good reads challenge in 2018. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment