Saturday 28 July 2018

Week 30

This week I received my very first book club box. I subscribed for three months to Once Upon A Book Club. I loved getting the book like pink box.
The idea of this book club is that as you read they have carefully selected gifts which you open at the designated reading pause. 


This month’s hard cover new release is The Lost Vintage by Ann Mah.


 



The gifts are wrapped in vineyard themed gift wrapping. I couldn’t wait to read and experience the world of the story. It wasn’t long before I got to the first book gift.



I couldn’t stop reading. 

  

 

 


 

I absolutely loved this book and the characters. I didn’t want it to end. This story is told in dual timelines. Helene narrates the past through a series of journal entries during WW2 , the present narrated through Kate. Kate is a sommelier, she is studying for the Master of Wine exam and visits her family vineyard in Burgundy, France. She finds a hidden wine cellar and the diary of her great aunt, and discovers the history of the vineyard during the war. It is exceptionally told. A great selection for a book club discussion later next month. I can’t wait for the next two instalments. 

This month the Bookies R Us challenge is to read as many historical fiction books as we can. This is my first. Overall it is my 43rd book this year for my goodreads challenge, and another for the ultimate reading challenge - a book about science. Helene is a chemist, it’s her knowledge of science that assists the vineyard during the war. 

No comments:

Post a Comment