Friday 20 July 2018

Week 29

This week I knocked off two more titles for Erin’s book challenge and the ultimate reading challenge.     Because of Mr Terrupt was recommended by my son Liam, he had read it in primary school. When he saw it off the shelf and next to my bed, he kept asking, “what do you think of this book?”. I loved it, devoured it in an afternoon. It is about an inspirational teacher, Mr Terrupt told in seven of his students’ voices. I can’t wait to talk to him about it, I know he is going to want me to read the sequels too now.

A tree grows in Brooklyn is a PBS Great American Read and was my second book this week. It was slow paced but very descriptive narrating the story of Francie Nolan’s life almost 100 years ago. Francie loves books, reading and learning and even though her family is poverty stricken she manages to overcome many obstacles. This book is full of hope, determination and preservance. It’s a classic read as the setting and story are timeless.




No comments:

Post a Comment