Saturday 31 March 2018

20th book in 2018

A Man called Ove (pronounced OOva) is one of the books that has been highly recommended on a number of sites I peruse to get inspiration for selecting books. So I added it to my audible app. Ove is a likeable character due to the influence of the other characters in the book. He is quite lonely after the death of his wife and after finishing up at his work. Parvana, his new neighbour injects a new lease of life into him despite his quirks. Parts of the book were quite sad, and some entertaining.


This book was originally written in Swedish, so I’ve changed my selection to this title for the category Read a book that was originally published in a different language than your own. It is also set in πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ Sweden, so I’ve added it to my read around the world challenge. 




No comments:

Post a Comment