Monday 30 January 2017

Cruise reads

Just got back from a12 night cruise on the Royal Caribbean Voyager of the seas in the South Pacific, as well as soaking under the sun and in the sea breeze, I managed to get quite a few books read.
One of the titles I read was Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica. I have read a previous book by this author and found it highly engaging. I love this genre and this author, can't wait to read more from her. 
The problem with forever was added to my to be read pile after looking at the Goodreads 2016 choice awards for the young adult section. I found it a thoroughly good read with a plot that will stay with me a long time.
Equally engaging was a collection of short stories titled Paris for one by Jojo Moyes. I have previously read two titles by this author, she writes very likeable characters and I am going to add this to read around the world challenge for France.
Another book I read that takes you to France was a debut book for Phaedra Patrick. This delightful book unravels the stories behind a charm bracelet found by widower Arthur Pepper. He upsets his routine discovering the stories of his late wife's past and getting into all sorts of adventures. I can't wait for her next title to be released later this year.
I haven't read a Monica Mcinerney novel for quite a whilst, but I loved A Taste for it, taking me from the Clare Valley in South Australia to county Clare in Ireland. She also writes extremely likeable characters. I will be looking out for more titles from this author this year.
Lastly, I read the 2016 Goodreads fiction choice award winner - Truly Madly Guilty. I have read a few titles from this author and this was a disappointment. I find Lian Moriarty's writing to become a bit formulaic, and read this thinking "just tell us what happened at the BBQ!!". A good read if you haven't read this author before.



No comments:

Post a Comment